Within District 9930, we have a few opportunities available for new Assistant Governors (AGs).
You may be wondering what is involved?
Here is some additional information to help answer your questions:
The 12 Assistant Governors in District 9930 are responsible for:
- assisting the District Governor with Clubs in their relevant areas
- interacting with other AGs/district leaders
- helping promote Rotary International and Rotary Foundation programmes within the district
AGs are chosen in accordance with the criteria laid down in the Rotary International Guidelines (245-EN), namely that they have had at least:
- three years’ club membership
- have served as a President
- are willing, have demonstrated outstanding performance and have future leadership potential
The District Governor Elect appoints them after consultation with recent Past District Governors.
- Assist incoming Club President/Board with plans and objectives
- Hold quarterly meetings with Presidents
- Visit each club at least once each quarter
- Represent DG at Club Assembly to review plans/objectives
- Report to DG on visits, identifying successes/problems
- Schedule, plan and accompany DG on Club visits
- Assist District Committees with Club liaison on request
- Assist DG with goals, committee members and future leaders
- Attend District Assembly and training for AGs and President’s Elect
- Follows up on DG and District requests
- Actively promotes and attends Conference and District activities
If you’re interested in applying for an Assistant Governor position, please talk to Don Oliver.